Whether you are out at a conference, mingling with friends, or you just so happen to know somebody who knows somebody who's able to help you take your company to the next level, you'll get this question: "What do you do for a living?" Or, “What is your company about?” This is the perfect opportunity, not to necessarily “sell” your business, but to make people want to know more about you and your company. The infamous “Elevator Pitch” was created for just such an occasion.
An elevator pitch is a conversation, or an ice breaker, that will (hopefully) lead to a deeper dialogue about the functionality, and specialty, of what you and your company can offer. In practice you typically have just 60 seconds to leave an exciting, impactful, and meaningful impression with whomever you come in contact with. So make them count. This highly-interactive, hands-on session will provide you with the building blocks for an exceptional pitch that raises your audience’s eyebrows and leaves them wanting to learn more.
- Be exposed to the Anti-Elevator Pitch and how it serves as an invitation for further conversation
- Start to think of yourself as a “brand” and leverage that to your advantage
- Learn everything that needs to be in your elevator pitch and everything that doesn’t
- Create the building blocks of your own pitch – starting with communicating from a place of “WHY” and culminating in the unique qualities that can make you stand out
- “Hack” the elevator pitch at critical points to create a cohesive story about you and how you make a client or a hiring manager the hero in his or her own story